Volunteer with the Foundation
Volunteers are the backbone of the Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital Foundation. Coming from all walks of life, all ages, and all stages, our volunteers have a common desire to make a difference in their community by donating their time and expertise.
Our enthusiastic and talented volunteers are an important part of the success of our annual fundraising initiatives. They participate in our mailings, special events and make up our Board of Directors.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Foundation, please contact us at 705.325.6464 or email [email protected].
Volunteer at the Hospital
Soldiers’ is supported by a team of over 300 volunteers who devote their time, energy and skills to support patient care. These individuals contribute greatly to the Hospital and they are appreciated and valued by our staff and the community. If volunteering sounds like something you would like to do, there are a number of volunteer positions available throughout the Hospital. Volunteer roles exist in the following areas:
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Day Surgery
- Cancer Care Clinic
- Dora’s Place – retail
- Outpatient Clinic
- Recovery Room
- Regional Kidney Care Program Simcoe-Muskoka
- Way Finding
- Information Desk
- Pastoral/Spiritual Care
This is a great opportunity to give back to your community, try something different, brush up on skills and get experience for returning to work, or simply experience helping others.
What Do I Need To Do Be A Volunteer?
- A commitment of six months, one shift per week is required.
- High school students interested in volunteering must be entering grade 11 and must be 15 years of age or older
- Volunteers should enjoy meeting new people, have good verbal communication skills and must work well with others
- Current Police Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check, within the last twelve (12) months
- Two Step TB Test