Define Your Soldiers' Legacy
Planned giving means creating a lasting legacy that will ensure that Soldiers' will be here to support the health of future generations. Defining your Soldiers' Legacy is a way to make the “promise” of a gift, rather than making an immediate donation and it's an opportunity to demonstrate leadership by making an investment in the health of your community. Your commitment ensures our healthcare professionals have the resources to provide exceptional care today, tomorrow and for the future.
Legacy gifts benefit future generations while providing you with current tax relief. Donations can be in the form of bequests, securities, life insurance policies and more.
Types of Legacy Gifts
- Leaving a gift in your will to Soldiers'
- Naming Soldiers' as the beneficiary of new or existing Life Insurance Policy
- Naming Soldiers' as a beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF or pension
- Creating a charitable annuity or a charitable remainder trust
Benefits of Creating a Planned Gift
- Your gift will support healthcare services within the community for many years to come
- You can retain use of the asset(s) while you are alive while also achieving your philanthropic goal of providing support for Soldiers'
- Your executors will pay lower income and estate taxes on your behalf
- Most planned gifts, and specifically bequests, are revocable and can be modified if your financial circumstances change
If you wish to direct your gift to a specific area or designate it for a specific purpose, please contact us for detailed bequest language at 705.325.6464.
We are happy to help you Define Your Soldiers' Legacy. The process is very simple and is done in consultation with the Foundation and your own legal and financial advisors.
Thank you for considering a planned gift to support the Hospital. To discuss options or recognition opportunities, please contact the Foundation Office at 705.325.6464.
Have You Already Defined Your Soldiers' Legacy?
Share your intentions with us. Notifying the Foundation of your planned gift helps us to plan for the future. You can choose to remain anonymous or join our Legacy Society!