Online auction proceeds purchase mental health recreational therapy equipment Angie Green-Hill knows how hard it can be to pass the time during a hospital stay. That’s why she decided to do something about it. Her third annual online silent auction raised $15,000 for recreational equipment for inpatient Mental Health Services at Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital […]
LEAVE A LEGACY
When I think of my legacy to the world I think of charity as my third child (I have two). I've structured my will to leave 1/3 to each.
Planned giving means creating a lasting legacy that will ensure that OSMH will be there for the future. This program offers a way to make the “promise” of a gift, rather than making an immediate donation. It provides you with a special opportunity to demonstrate leadership through an investment in the health of our community and the care we provide. By doing so, you will help us ensure that our healthcare professionals have the resources to provide exceptional care – today, tomorrow and for the future.
Legacy gifts are used to benefit future generations as well as providing you with current tax relief. Donations can be in the form of bequests, securities, life insurance policies and more.
Types of Legacy Gifts
- Leaving a gift in your will to OSMH
- Naming OSMH as the beneficiary of new or existing Life Insurance Policy
- Naming OSMH as a beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF or pension
- Creating a charitable annuity or a charitable remainder trust
Benefits of Creating a Planned Gift
- Your gift will support healthcare services within the community for many years to come
- You can retain use of the asset(s) while you are alive while also achieving your philanthropic goal of providing support for OSMH
- Your executors will pay lower income and estate taxes on your behalf
- Most planned gifts, and specifically bequests, are revocable and can be modified if your financial circumstances change
Suggested Bequest Wording
To create a general bequest to Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital Foundation, we suggest the following wording:
"To pay to the Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital Foundation % of the residue of my estate (or "the sum of $ .") This gift is to be used for such purposes and designs as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors of the Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital Foundation."
If you wish to direct your gift to a specific area or for a specific purpose, please contact us for detailed bequest language at 705-325-6464.
We welcome your support if you choose to participate in our Planned Giving Program. The process is very simple and is done in consultation with the OSMH Foundation and your own legal and financial advisors.
Thank you for considering a planned gift to your hospital. To discuss donation options or recognition opportunities, please contact the Foundation office at 705-325-6464.
Funds will give new life to Regional Women and Children Program (RWCP) When Shirley Johnson had a tour earlier this year, she was inspired to make a grand donation to refresh an area of Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (OSMH) that is near to her heart. She donated $10,000 to provide a facelift to the Family […]