Development Officer – Annual Giving
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Officer – Annual Giving is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing fundraising and stewardship events and plays a key role in the achievement of OSMH Foundation’s fundraising goals and objectives. This position is responsible for all aspects of OSMH’s Signature events including the annual Golf Tournament, Gala and Employee Campaign. In addition, the role provides support to all third party events and other annual giving programs such as our grateful patient program and direct mail.
- University or college degree in fundraising, communications, public relations or special events is preferred or professional experience equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in the not-for-profit sector an asset; previous experience with fundraising, volunteer committees and special event planning preferred.
- Demonstrated computer / word processing / database experience required, preferably in Microsoft Office and Raiser’s Edge environments.
- A passion for OSMH Foundation and healthcare fundraising.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills are essential in order to interact with various individuals and committees.
- Proven track record in meeting revenue targets and deadlines while working under time constraints and with a diversity of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers, and to convey genuine interest and pleasure in people’s lives and charitable aspirations.
- Demonstrated ability to engage, inspire and train volunteers / community leaders.
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail with strong organizational and analytical skills, flexibility and the ability to adapt to stressful and rapidly changing situations.
- Demonstrated self-discipline and self-motivation, able to prioritize multiple tasks in a demanding environment, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to fund raising professional standards and ethics.
- Demonstrated appreciation and respect for protocol, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful.
- Sense of humour, energetic, positive attitude.
Please apply for this position by submitting your resume online: https://jobs.afpnet.org/jobs/13021932/development-officer-annual-giving